>>>On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 09:40:35 -0500, "Dyck, Lionel B. (TRA)"
>>><lionel.d...@va.gov> wrote:

>>>Can anyone offer any advice, words of wisdom, cautions, etc. for enabling
>>>XCF across 2 JESplexes.  Each JESplex (2 lpars >>>each) is a JES3
>>>Global/Local and currently has its own XCF/GRS environment. Both JESplexes
>>>share DASD with the other
>>>(historical).  Now we are investigating, at my prompting, enabling XCF/GRS
>>>across both JESplexes (all 4 lpars).

>On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 08:41:30 -0700, Ed Jaffe <edja...@phoenixsoftware.com>
>wrote:
>On 8/4/2016 8:25 AM, Ed Jaffe wrote:
> We have been running a Bronzeplex for years without problems.
>
>Though as I peruse the first publication, I think we're really running a
>Goldplex and that sounds like what you might want as well...
>
> http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246818.pdf
> http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpapers/pdfs/redp3967.pdf

SG24-6818... -00? Unrevised since December 2002?  I am surprised.  Has it
really not changed at all in 14 years?  Or does IBM think nobody merges systems
anymore?  This and the System Programmers Guide to Parallel Sysplex Aggregation
that Ed found (2005?) were our bible when we merged 16 systems at a prior
installation.  We had JES3 and JES2 images, some already in a multisystem
complex, many still in monoplex.

No problems running that way, once you get there, but on your way, pay close
attention to GRS inclusion / exclusion / conversion lists, and resolve as many
duplicate names (datasets, etc.) as practical.  Oh, and definitely invest the
time to convert to STAR if your existing systems are still in RING.

Also, if you haven't already, you'll want to consult z/OS MVS: Setting Up a
Sysplex, SA22-7625-22.

Happy Merging!
Art Gutowski
General Motors, LLC