I read Marissa Mayer may be seeking a new opportunity in the near future :)

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of David Crayford
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 9:27 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM's Australian cloud is in deep dodo

The Australian prime minister has just given a press conference and pointed the
finger directly at IBM for this debacle. It's entirely predictable in this day
and age that a high profile event like an online census will face some kind of
cyber attack. It happens all the time. IBM, the service provider, did not have
adequate measures in place to deal with the attack, fundamental measures like
geo-blocking. It's a bloody disgrace!

IBMs reputation is already in tatters in Australia after the Queensland
government health payroll disaster. The Queensland government is still refusing
to budge on a sector-wide ban on new contracts with IBM and who can blame them.
After this fiasco their brand is toxic. This is a company who government and
the private sector would 100% trust to get the job done with integrity.
Unfortunately, those days are past now. Too many high profile failures and
accusations of underhand dealing have ruined their credibility down here
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.itnews.com.au_news_ibm-2Dshould-2Dnever-2Dhave-2Dbeen-2Dappointed-2Dfinds-2Dqld-2Dpayroll-2Dinquiry-2D352362&d=CwIC-g&c=zjLIypOkeQKJfe4BYrJ5J55pYA-45JElRiaMoh2hP7Q&r=SaL11MvL9LWz-4CkTmMYltgrRR9mrR4t5HY7AKmOSPE&m=zWwYi2QpDY6TE4HyLAwdwygnSOQ-LDwEzV6IV_KA4gw&s=Y8GHS85QBlF0dCIM3MFvaj1Tbk2oYKDyGe3Lz0RTNG8&e=
 .

Maybe what IBM needs is a change in leadership.

On 10/08/2016 12:37 PM, Edward Gould wrote:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.theregister.co
> .uk_2016_08_09_australian-5Fcensus-5Fslips-5Fin-5Fthe-5Fibm-5Fcloud_&d
> =CwIC-g&c=zjLIypOkeQKJfe4BYrJ5J55pYA-45JElRiaMoh2hP7Q&r=SaL11MvL9LWz-4
> CkTmMYltgrRR9mrR4t5HY7AKmOSPE&m=zWwYi2QpDY6TE4HyLAwdwygnSOQ-LDwEzV6IV_
> KA4gw&s=xpiK3BUb5_pMcjPOL2lobBszik3f9siIgb5jIuts59w&e=

you are not the named addressee you must not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have
received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you
are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
information is strictly prohibited.