Chuck,

Just another weird suggestion which may [or may not] work in your case - why
can't the very SAME entry point also serve as the error handler?

I mean, it is being called with a parameter list, so by parsing the input
parameters can't it determine the exact reason for call?

And if it's for the error handling - just take another path?

HTH,
-Victor-

The wherefores of using a main program and an ENTRY versus 2 programs is a
political battle I am not prepared or willing to fight.
When initially assigned this project I was hoping that my Systems status within
the company would grant me some carte blanche in how I engineered the solution
but, alas, I was mistaken.

Suffice it to say, until/unless I find a technical problem to warrant the
multiple program construct, or even the multiple programs per member construct,
I am stuck with using the COBOL language verbs as they have been engineered.
If, and when, they fail to function, I will have the ammunition I need to push
for one of the other programming constructs.

I do appreciate all of your narratives of what was occurring.

Chuck

Charles (Chuck) Hardee
Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration
EAS Information Technology

Thermo Fisher Scientific
300 Industry Drive | Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone +1 (724) 517-2633 | Mobile +1 (412) 877-2809 | FAX: +1 (412) 490-9230
chuck.har...@thermofisher.com  | www.thermofisher.com

WORLDWIDE CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent of a system responsible for delivering the message to
the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please inform the sender and delete all copies.