GDPS functions as an extension of Tivoli Netview System Automation. I've never
worked with TPF, but I'd be very surprised to see SA run there.

As already stated, GDPS does not depend on PPRC. We run with XRC/SDM, which
itself is a component of DFSMS. z/OS required of course.

That being said, 'business recovery' to a remote environment does not require
GDPS. We went for 10 years doing XRC with manual recovery procedures. The
addition of GDPS was a huge boost that I would not want to relinquish, but DASD
mirroring was the key element. Any method of replication should allow TPF to
IPL in DR with a lot less delay than Delta suffered.

The most common gotcha of any mainframe DR solution is the need to have all
those rabbit hutch denizens also available. The fools-gold rush to open system
servers has generally ignored the implicit DR cost: buying *and maintaining*
double the capacity needed for production. Many applications have become
dependent on Unix or Windows components. If those could not be brought up
expeditiously in Delta's production, what hope would there be in bringing them
up in remote DR?

.
.
.