From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Vince Getgood
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:53 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: PTF order fulfillment issues and getting HOLDDATA

Don't know if this will help anybody else out, but I had problems receiving a
PTF today using SMP/e orderserver, client and FTP data that had worked since I
started here.

Looking at the output, it seemed that the IBM site was no longer using my FTP
data dataset.  It was looking for /etc/ftp.data, which doesn't exist, and then
went to TCPIP.FTP.DATA, which does exist, but is not set up for internet
delivery.

To resolve this, in my client data, I had to move the data between the
<FTPOPTIONS> </FTPOPTIONS> tags BETWEEN the <CLIENT> </CLIENT> tags.

Before change: -

<FTPOPTIONS>-v -f "//'DATA.SET.NAME'" </FTPOPTIONS>
<CLIENT
    debug="YES"
    javahome="/usr/lpp/java/J7.1"
    classpath="/usr/lpp/smp/classes"
    javadebugoptions="-Dcom.ibm.smp.debug=severe -showversion"
    retry="3"

</CLIENT>

After change: -

<CLIENT
    debug="YES"
    javahome="/usr/lpp/java/J7.1"
    classpath="/usr/lpp/smp/classes"
    javadebugoptions="-Dcom.ibm.smp.debug=severe -showversion"
    retry="3"

<FTPOPTIONS>-v -f "//'SMPE.CONFIG.FTP.DATA.OPTIONS'" </FTPOPTIONS>
</CLIENT>

This worked for me.