Nathan Astle wrote:

>I am creating a SAD test for one of our sandbox system which is part of
>sysplex shared with other production LPAR.
>So as a SAD testing, I am bringing down the LPAR and leaving with just few
>task up.

Just a few tasks? This is not SAD.

>My question is when I load the SAD IPL and once I confirm the SAD IPL with the
>VOLUMES used for SAD datasets.

>Can I remove the sandbox LPAR from sysplex prior to confirming the SAD
>datasets or after completing the SAD process I can remove the SANDBOX lpar
>from sysplex ?

Mark Jacobs gave you a serious warning, but I have one question: Do you want
that LPAR to stay inside or outside the Sysplex after IPL? In other words, when
are you planning to vary it out of Sysplex?

Another nasty thing to consider, is your LPAR using XCF?

Oh, things like shared JES2/3 spool, shared HSM, RACF, etc. may make your
attempt futile.

But, if you take some precautions, your attempt to do a SAD may work.

Good luck.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht