> Is there a way in batch to extract a WLM service definition and perform a
> save/save as to a dataset that I can use for DR preprocessing purposes?

Bob, depending your further requirements there are two RFEs (requirements) that
you could consider voting for
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=57448
which is pretty much along the lines of what you're asking for.
Unfortunately it wasn't created as public, so probably need to create another
one (using 'public' is always a good idea).
Then http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=73305
includes the capability of writing to a not active CDS.

Of course you could begin with a programming exercise (IWMDEXTR was already
mentioned) but you're looking for what could be done with existing means I'd
recommend that you
- converge (as everyone should...) to an XML format (sequential) service
definition (i.e either use z/OSMF or 'save as' XML in the ISPF application
- Use naming conventions to allow you determine the latest level of the service
definition (yes, enforcing conventions isn't bullet proof but probably good
enough)
- Include the latest service definition(s) on your DR backup sets

Horst Sinram - STSM, z/OS Workload and Capacity Management