We migrated from z/VSE to z/OS in 2010, and while to this day I still try to
enter CA-VOLLIE (our VSE editor product) commands in ISPF I don't recall ever
trying to enter VSE JCL statements in to MVS JCL.  :-)

________________________________
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 10:13 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: z/VSE general installation question.

I'm looking at a new job. I just had a phone interview with the main z/OS
development manager. This is a OEM development system, not a "commercial"
system. In the interview he mentioned z/VSE. This was not in the original
on-line specs for the job. Possibly because this person is from a newly
acquired company who does some z/VSE development. In any case, I know
_nada_ about z/VSE. The plan is for a single systems programmer, so they
will not be looking for a z/VSE person.  I am wondering if anyone here
knows how difficult it would be for a z/OS person to learn how to install &
maintain z/VSE. The job does not including any kind of programming, per se.
And I am guessing that I could pick up z/VSE JCL rather quickly. Of course,
given what I've done in the past, I'll occasionally try to put so z/OS JCL
in a z/VSE job and vice versa because the two are similar.

--
Heisenberg may have been here.

Unicode: http://xkcd.com/1726/
xkcd: Unicode<http://xkcd.com/1726/>
xkcd.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5
License. This means you're free to copy and share these comics (but not to sell
them).

Maranatha! <><
John McKown