From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Thursday, 3 November 2016 12:57 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: TSO Command to issue message to Outtrap

On 2016-11-02 20:39, Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:
> Clist has been subject to the same restrictions since long before Rexx came
> to TSO/E. It's not up to Rexx to fix the problem.

You mean they had that long to fix it and they haven't?

But I said, "... or arrange that it be fixed ..."  If needed they should pass
the requirement on to the department in charge.

I feel the same about ISPF's SUBMIT command's losing data.  TSO SUBMIT fails
with a message if it can't handle the input.  ISPF simply discards enough data
that it fits and doesn't even tell the user, much less provide an option to
cancel.

-- gil