I don't know the answer to your question, but I appreciate the problem.  It
sounds like you might be headed into a Catch-22 rabbit-hole (to mix some
metaphors).  Have you considered putting some function in an auxiliary
address space?  I think it's the ASCRE macro that lets you do this easily,
at the cost of having to do some AR-mode (or other means) to share
information.

sas

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 5:56 AM, Robin Atwood <abend...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A venerable STC started getting 0470 ("user unauthorized for subsystem")
> when trying to allocate an INTRDR after we
> added a lot of new function in a separate subtask. Disabling the new
> subtask allowed the allocation to work as before.
> Searching I found OA50565 which describes the same thing happening to
> IDCAMS. The problem was the new
> subtask was calling IKJTSOEV and that causes the PSCBJCL flag to be turned
> off so the task cannot submit jobs. The apar
> states that IDCAMS now establishes a TSF with the PSCBJCL on without
> saying how. I tried forcing the PSCBJCL flag on after
> the call to IKJTSOEV but that resulted in an LE exception when I tried the
> allocation in the other task. Toggling the flag in the
> task that does the allocation seems to work OK so far: I set the flag on,
> allocate the INTRDR, turn it off and nobody seems to
> notice.
>
> I am not too happy with this arrangement! Does someone know how to
> establish the TSF with the PSCBJCL flag on as in IDCAMS, or equally good,
> how to cancel the TSF once it is established. I could find no function call
> that does that.
>
> Thanks
> Robin

sas