On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 21:59:16 +0000, Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:

>I know this has been discussed here before. Found old threads. Several posts
>said "don't bother". Also looked in JCL REF and JCL User's Guide. I could not
>find a simple statement that resolves this question:
>
>If JOB card contains REGION=20M and an EXEC card contains REGION=4M, which one
>wins in that step? Does the JOB card region prevail over any EXEC card whether
>higher or lower? If higher only?

Under the topic "Overrides" for the REGION parameter in the job card in the JCL
Reference, I see this:

<quote>
 A JOB statement REGION parameter applies to all steps of the job and overrides
any EXEC statement REGION parameters.

Code EXEC statement REGION parameters when each job step requires a different
region size. The system uses an EXEC statement REGION parameter only when no
REGION parameter is on the JOB statement and only during the job step.
</quote>

Similarly, under "Overrides" for the REGION parameter on the EXEC card,

<quote>
A JOB statement REGION parameter applies to all steps of the job and overrides
any EXEC statement REGION parameters.

When no REGION parameter is on the JOB statement, the system uses an EXEC
statement REGION parameter, but only during the job step. Code EXEC statement
REGION parameters when you want to specify a different region size for each job
step.
</quote>

Looks clear to me.

--