It helps if you show us the command you issued and the exact error message you
received, including the msg ID.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Rob Schramm
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2016 9:46 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Rename in-process catalog issue

I am looking at some nonvsam catalog entries that indicate that a rename
has started.  The problem is that the volume that the datasets used to
reside on does not exist anymore.

I have tried DELETE NOSCRATCH which indicates that a rename is in-process
and to try ALTER .. ALTER won't work either.  My understanding of the
special non-supported IBM tool to fix weird issues with VVDS entries.. is
that it won't help because I don't actually have a VVDS.