Gentle Readers,

I have a question about FLASHCOPY using  ADRDSSU and COPY.  In my first example
I was told that the job is using FLASHCOPY.  However I do not see any evidence.

 COPY FULL INDYNAM (SDB000) OUTDYNAM (MDB000) DUMPCONDITIONING
ADR101I (R/I)-RI01 (01), TASKID 001 HAS BEEN ASSIGNED TO COMMAND 'COPY '

>From my understanding it is performing a full volume copy of a source volume.
>If my understanding of the parm DUMPCONDITIONING is correct, it
>(DUMPCONDITIONING) allows to make a copy of the source volume and while
>keeping the target volume online.

I have done a full volume copy of a source to target without the
DUMPCONDITIONING parm and it worked - the volume was fully copied (see below).
Am I missing something? Aren't both examples doing the same thing?

  COPY  INDDNAME(DASD1) OUTDDNAME(DASD2) -
  ALLDATA(*) ALLEXCP COPYVOLID PURGE
/*

However I do not see any evidence of FLASHCOPY being invoked because the FCNC
parm is not present.

Here is a my second example:

 COPY FULL IDY(PROM70,3390) ODY(SNAP63,3390) DUMPCOND FCNC-
ALLDATA(*) ALLEXCP CANCELERROR PURGE FCTOPPRCPRIMARY -
FCSETGTOK(FAILRELATION)

In the above example FLASCHOPY is being performed because of the FCNC.

Could you correct my understanding of all 3 examples?

Thanks.