G'Day,

Could someone clear up what the command DS QD,413Z,VALIDATE actually do?  The
doc says the following:

VALIDATE : Uses status information acquired directly from a device to correct
inconsistent extended function status information maintained in host processor
storage. VALIDATE has no effect if the unit address has no physical device
attached

I am not sure what "to correct inconsistent extended function.." does.  Is it
safe to use? Could you please help me understand IBM's explanation because it
is not clear.

Thanks.