From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Charles Mills
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 3:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Question on SPKA and Control Register 3

Hmmm. I am seeing the following in Extended Addressability:

"All programs are initially dispatched with a PKM value equal to the storage
protect key of the program's TCB or SRB. Example: A PKM value of X'0080'
represents key 8 and X'0001' represents key 15. The PC, PR, and PT
instructions can change the PKM value."

I wonder why I am getting a S0C2 on SPKA 0(R1) when R1 contains FFFFFF80, I
was almost surely dispatched with Key 8, and there have been no Px's that
should have changed the mask. Hard to picture that LE would change it
gratuitously. (PoOp says "Bits 0-55 and 60-63 of the second-operand address
are ignored.")

Anyone have any ideas?