From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Peter Hunkeler
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 2:48 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Do the Name/Token Pair callable services need R13 to point to save
area?

I'm thinking of using a Name/Token pair to keep the address of "my" storage
area, and X'00' to mean I first need to obtain the storage. This is in RENT
code.

When I get control, R13 points to a save area, which my code will use, but I
do not yet have storage for another save area before calling IEANTRT, so I
cannot change R13.

The book says I do *not* have to place anything special into any register
before calling the Name/Token Pair callable services. From this I conclude
that the callable service routines will *not* use the save area pointed to
by R13 (and work with only R0, R1, and R15 which are documented as being
used).