Kirk,

We currently use your Tomcat 7 port for dev but we're going to move to Jetty for technical reasons.

Java 8 gives us better options WRT libraries. We can ditch Joda for the JRE datatime package and use modern techniques like lamdas. Not to mention the other reasons
others have posted to my survey.

Of course, we will have to implement our own login module and SAF support but Jetty has good support for that.

One of the features I particularly liked about your Tomcat port was the zfile URL protocol handler. We will have to write one if we decide to use PDS data sets for config files.

David,

FYI, we recently updated our free z/OS port / packaging / enhancements to
Apache Tomcat to include Tomcat 8, which requires Java 7.

https://dovetail.com/products/tomcat.html

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com