If I understand your question.

Take DFHSM.  It can be one address space or multiple Address Spaces (MASH). The
benefit to multiple address spaces is you could use WLM to control which one
gets more or less priority in the system.  So rather than one large DFHSM
address space, you could have, as an example, DFHSM1 for Main processing and
recalls, DFHSM2 for migrations and backups, DFHSM3 for Recovery.  Then use WLM
to set the priority on them.

So Recalls get a high priority address space.  Migrations or backup a low
priority address space.

Of course if I did not understand your question, then this is probably the
wrong answer.

Lizette