On 1/11/2017 3:30 PM, Frank Swarbrick wrote:
Is there a downside to always defining VSAM files with a MAXLRECL of 32761,
which seems to be the largest value for this parm for an UNSPANNED dataset?

I believe it will force your CI size to be 32K which is not something I would want to do unless it was necessary. The CI size impacts the amount of virtual storage that is allocated for buffers and the I/O transfer times for each CI that must be read or written.

Regards,
Greg