> I have a little birdy tweeting in my ear to the effect that "z/OS 2.2 is
> going to be the last version of z/OS".
> Has anyone else heard anything along those lines?

No, I have not yet, but have heard similar statements about DB2 V12, and other
products, mainframe and non mainframe.

I'm pretty sure your z/O rumours belong to the same category: It's just the
currenty hype about changing from delivering new releases very so often to
delivering SPEs (small programming enhancements) every opther dy. They call it
agile programming; they are doing Sprints, etc, etc.

Thanks a lot Marketing guys and girls. Great job done with confusing people,
again (no offence intended). Instead of putting enphasis on the fact that the
delivery frequency changes, they're putting enphasis this will be the last
version (of that is delivered as a big package). When hearing this people are
getting so anxious about the "will be the last version" that they immediately
stop listening/reading before the sentence has ended. The part in parenthesis
is not headr/read).

--
Peter Hunkeler