ISPF I:

Data Set Name . . . . : MHEAV.DUMP.CAT17181.TRS

General Data                           Current Allocation
 Management class . . : **None**        Allocated cylinders : 173
 Storage class  . . . : **None**        Allocated extents . : 1
  Volume serial . . . : EAVNS0
  Device type . . . . : 3390
 Data class . . . . . : **None**
  Organization  . . . : PS             Current Utilization
  Record format . . . : FB              Used cylinders  . . : 173
  Record length . . . : 1024            Used extents  . . . : 1
  Block size  . . . . : 27648
  1st extent cylinders: 173
  Secondary cylinders : 10             Dates
  Data set name type  : LARGE           Creation date . . . : 2015/06/08
                                        Referenced date . . : 2015/06/10
                                        Expiration date . . : ***None***
  SMS Compressible  . : NO
  Extended Attributes   OPT
  Create Jobname        MH#TERS
  Create Stepname       TERSE

sas

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Peter Hunkeler <p...@gmx.ch> wrote:

> > - I've no EAVs defined so far but dscb format 9 has available new fields
> > like jobname, stepname for each dataset created on a EAV dasd volume.
>

> I don't have access to EAV volumes here, so I cannot verify what I'm
> writing below. I'm sure someone who can will correct me shuold I be wrong.
>

> Probably, DFdss' PRINT VTOC will display this ionformation. There probably
> are other tools. However, I would not build anything that relies on the new
> fields for production use. It is my understanding that data sets on EAV
> volumes
>

> - Will be represented by an old format-1 DSCB if the data set happens to
> be allocated in track managed space on the EAV volume, even if the data set
> is EAS-eligible.
> - The format-1 DSCB will be converted to a format-8/9 pair on the fly,
> when the data set expands and tghe new extent happens to be in cylinder
> managed space.
> - A data set represented by a format-8/9 pair might again be represented
> by a format-1 DSCB after migrate/recall or backup/revocer, if is is
> allocated wholely in track managed space.
>

> The net: The additional information may get lost.
>

> --
> Peter Hunkeler

sas