:(
Our apologies...

The content you are trying to access is not available. Please try again later.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Lizette Koehler" <stars...@mindspring.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:23:49 PM
Subject: JES2 CKPT and Spool Size RFE

If you like it, please vote for it.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=100074

This is requesting IBM to create a new command $DCKPTSIZE that would allow
shops
to issue it and JES2 respond with numbers of what would be needed.

$DCKPTSIZE,BERTS=100000 would request JES2 to see if the current sizes can
handle an increase to 100,000 Berts. If not, what would it take.
$DCKPTSIZE,BERTS=100000,JOES=120000,JNUMS=6000 could be another
variation

I am thinking the same code path used by the $T command which produces the HASP
Message XX more 4K blocks is needed, might be able to be use.

I suggested all JES2 resources should be allowed on this command that affect
the
size of the CKPT and/or Spool

Lizette Koehler
statistics: A precise and logical method for stating a half-truth
inaccurately