On 2/1/2017 11:45 AM, Elaine Beal wrote:
I have made changes to the EDT so need to hard activate the new IODF on my
first test system.

After I do this the IODF will be out of sync on my other LPARs.

Can I still do a soft activate on the out of sync LPARs? (I didn't think you
could when the tokens were out of sync)

But I've heard of this method being used.

Thanks,
Elaine

Elaine,

You should not need a hard activate for an EDT. Also, if you have multiple LPARs on a CEC, you should SOFT activate them, then do a HARD activate on the last LPAR in the CEC. You'll see a lot less error messages that way.

Regards,
Tom Conley