On 2/2/2017 8:20 AM, Blaicher, Christopher Y. wrote:
I think this guy has something he wants to sell because while PARS was
developed on a 7074, in the early 1970's it was evolved by IBM into ACP and TPF.

The 360/65 and some other 360 and 370 machines had the capability to run a 7074
emulator, I don't think any machine has those emulators any more.  There is no
way a 7074 could handle the load of today's reservation systems.

There is no way an IBM 7074 could/would still be operational in any production environment, let alone the airlines. The mean time to failure on these discrete component processors would probably be measured in hours (or, maybe, minutes), vs a zSeries processor being measured in years.

Pure, unadulterated FUD!

Regards, Greg