From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Hardee, Chuck
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2017 5:17 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: BPXWDYN allocation with DEFER and UNIT=AFF

Ahhh!
Thanks John!

I hadn't gotten to the DYNALLOC support yet. That was the agenda for this
morning.
It appears that I can't "get there from here" as the saying goes.

I have thought of another means of doing what I what, I just didn't want to do
it.
I was hoping to have my solution be a single job.

The way I was thinking of getting around it would be to allocate a small PDS
and generate the JCL I need to concatenate the datasets with the UNIT=AFF
specified and then in the second job do an INCLUDE MEMBER= in the job step that
needs the concatenated datasets.

To me that's a clunky solution, but it works.

Back to the drawing board!

C-

Charles (Chuck) Hardee
Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration
EAS Information Technology