Woodger-san,

Thank you very much for your useful guidance.
I have never thought to use SUBTOTAL function yet.
I'll try to make SORT control cards to produce SORTOUT data what I want to
have.

Koehler-san,

Thank you for pointing out documents of DFSORT trics.
I have to adapt to both DFSORT and Syncsort for our customers.
As far as I know, there is no differences between DFSORT and Syncsort in
SORT control cards view point.

If I could build the SORT control cards what I want to do, I'll post it
here.
I might ask again if I need some help.

Thank you!

Minoru Massaki - (M*M)

> The Smart DFSORT Tricks doesn't have anything especially close.
>
> Search-engineing *will* provide something very close. But, as the obvious
> post itself suggests, understanding the code allows the same or similar
> techniques to be known and therefore available for other circumstances.
>
> Gives me a chance to check if I missed something :-)
>
> Well, there's that BUILD in the OUTFIL. The point of that, and it may be
> needed here, is that if the report produced is longer than the OUTFIL
> source data, there's a run-time error. It's need depends on the length of
> the input records. If they end immediately after the data shown, a BUILD
> will be needed (doesn't need content, just length), because...
>
> That mistake comes out of my first, the thought that you couldn't SUBTOTAL
> a UFF (or CS/CSF). So no need to pre-format, which will mean the record is
> likely short, and the BUILD will likely be needed.
>
> The other difference is the length of the sequence number. In this case I
> can't see the need of a sequence number beyond one in length, to cause the
> break each time.
>
> dfsort "running total"

全先 実  -  Minoru Massaki  (M*M)
E-mail: mmass...@gmail.com