From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mike Baldwin
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 9:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: OMVS Mass Reassign of File Owner

Hi John,

Glad that worked for you.

I thought I'd add that there is a product.  It's called Superuser for z/OS, and
is mostly an ISPF application, although you can choose to run the generated
commands in batch.
From the "Reports" menu, you would choose the "Free Search" option.
On the "Search Files" entry panel, you enter a Start Directory (that directory
and all of its subdirectories are searched), an owner (UID) and/or group (GID),
and/or any optional attributes such as filename mask.
The "Query Result" panel displays the found directories and filenames.
You can choose "Global Change", and specify a new user (UID) and/or group (GID)
(permissions can also be changed).
The generated commands are presented, and you can choose to run them either in
batch, or 'online'.

Regards,
Mike Baldwin
Cartagena Software Limited