Hi,
Due to budget constraints, my contract is being cut short (but that's another
story).

I've been asked to allow others access to the HMC, so that they can IPL
systems, and have set up a bunch of new userids on the HMC.  As far as I can
tell they have all the authority that my HMC userid has (in fact, I've given
them more authority).

One of the new users has logged on, and was going through the motions to IPL an
LPAR (without actually IPL'ing it!).

They are using the "tree" interface.

They navigate to Systems, and select the (single) CEC.  They get all the
defined LPARS displayed, all good so far.

If they select an LPAR by clicking on the radio button, expand Recovery, and
click on Load, they get a "Invalid Target Object List" box pop up, which says: -

"One or more of the objects to be targeted for the selected task are currently
not valid for the task.  Review the object list to determine which objects are
not valid for the task at this time. Click "Yes" to continue the task with only
the valid objects as targets. Click "No" to end the task"

The Reason shown is "Service status must be enabled to perform a disruptive
task."

I've checked the new users, and they all have "Require password for disruptive
actions" checked.  There is no disruptive task lock on the system anywhere.

I'm at a loss.  Can anyone shed any light on what's happening here please?