The engineers tell me that for GP engines, LPAR dispatches the core as
SMT-1 regardless of whether
the partition is SMT-1 (PROCVIEW CPU) or SMT-2 (PROCVIEW CORE).
And I wouldn't expect there to be much zIIP eligible work during system
initialization,
It is true that in PROCVIEW CORE, there are two zIIP threads online to
z/OS, so one more
to SIGP to for things that z/OS has to broadcast to all online threads.
But I would not
expect that to make much difference.

  The system trace in a dump taken while things are slow might provide
some clues.

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on
02/17/2017 08:49:04 AM: