On 2/22/2017 7:17 AM, Joseph Reichman wrote:
I am trying to reference storage that I ( my TCB didn't necessarily obtain )

Sometime I think if this storage has been paged out I would get a S0C4 pic 11

If VSMLIST determines it has been getmain'ed

Maybe I can PGSER FIX back in

I just got 2.2 via RD&T they (IBM) gave us Omegamon maybe that would point me
to the type of storage that I'm looking to drive my code

E.G S0C4 pic 11 recevory routines PGSER back in and do a retry

You are on a slippery path down into a pit with this... don't do it.

You will *not* get an 0C4-11 if the storage is paged out and your code is executing enabled for interrupts. It sounds like you are either looking at the wrong address or the storage has gotten freed before you looked at it. Fixing the storage won't help and could actually hurt.

Referencing storage not under control of the executing unit of work is filled with traps. And one of them is 0C4's that are out of your control to prevent or resolve.

Regards,
Greg