From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mike Beer
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 5:45 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: Check out Massive Amazon cloud service outage disrupts
sites

​>Ah, probably happened when the floor maintenance technician (janitor
inold-speak) repurposed a electrical outlet.​

Usually large datacenters test their emergency procedures (at least once a
year) - unfortunately the redundant power supply does not always work.
And some servers might not resume work automatically...

Mike