[Default] On 3 Jan 2017 10:30:51 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
jesse1.robin...@sce.com (Jesse 1 Robinson) wrote:

>SHARE has been discussing online availability with IBM face-to-face for years,
>long before 'KC' debuted. IBM has repeatedly said that they get it, yet
>problems persist.
>
>One novel suggestion we made was to shift unavoidable IBM outages away from
>weekends, when the vast majority of mainframe shops perform their own
>maintenance activities. Our argument was that we most need online access when
>we encounter a new problem on a Sunday at oh-dark-thirty. Again, that argument
>seemed to resonate, yet problems persist.
>
>I don't know the status of any existing requirement(s) at the moment, but I'm
>sure that IBM has never actually told us to pound sand. Yet problems persist.

If the cost for getting to a shareholder meeting weren't so great, I
would be tempted to go and harass both IBM and Microsoft for their
respective faults in handling software updates and fix information
availability.  Microsoft seems to understand implement 24/365.24 while
IBM understands no forced install and reboots.

Clark Morris