To expand a bit

Steps to reorg (a process I have used in the past).  I also have modified the
IBM Start Set for HSM found in SYS1.SAMPLIB for this purpose.

 1) Shutdown HSM
 2) Backup (DFDSS Dump) HSM datasets
 3) Rename all current CDS datasets to .OLD
 4) Allocate new xCDS datasets (using SYS1.SAMPLIB HSM starter set)
 5) VSAM REPRO old to new (include any additional validations here)
 6) Start HSM backup on one system and validate
 7) Start remaining HSMs as needed

The IBM Sample started in SYS1.SAMPLIB is a good version of reorging HSM xCDS
datasets.

Also pay attention when IBM changes the record sizes in the xCDS datasets.
They do that occasionally.  JCL from 10 years ago may not be the same as today.

Lizette