On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 15:48:12 +0000, Lindy Mayfield wrote:

>if an MVS job ran and consumed 10 CPU seconds (SMF 30 I think), can I assume
>that it at least took 10 seconds of elapsed time to run?

If it is a single task application, yes.
If it runs multiple tasks, not necessarily. For example, if you have an
application that attaches 4 additional tasks and each of the 5 tasks uses 5
seconds of CPU during the 10 seconds elapsed time, it would use a total of 25
seconds of CPU time.

--
Tom Marchant