I wonder what the magic 1:1, or in fact any hard relation with real memory is.
Basically, in virtual memory systems, what does not fit in real must be paged
out. So in principle you need the potential total virtual memory minus the real
memory as aux storage.

There are a number of ROTs to predict your needed aux, but I don't see the hard
1:1 relation with real memory.
I usually check the AUX utilization over the last year or so and see if we
structurally over- or underallocated AUX.

Do take a large period, because you can have months of moderate AUX utilization
and at some point in time, you get a problem which dumps a large DB2 system
together with some address spaces and that is the moment that you must have
your spike AUX available.

Kees.

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message.