On 18 April 2017 at 11:18, Thomas David Rivers <riv...@dignus.com> wrote:
> Unless, another pair of eyes has seen some kind of documentation or example
> of "this is the proper way to rename a non-VSAM file."

The TSO RENAME command in theory takes care of all this, at least for
cataloged datasets. As far as I know it is still not OCO, so if you
are an ISV with access to IBM's VPL facility (or whatever they call it
these days), you might have a look at module IKJEHREN. I don't have
VPL, so the latest source I have access to is for z/OS 1.4, and that
version is certainly full of code to deal with these issues.

Maybe IBM should cut & paste the comment lines from this module and
include them in the DFSMS book...

Tony H.