>I wouldn't necessarily assume that there is a fixed API for EXEC CICS, EXEC=
> SQL, EXEC SQLIMS.  It's always possible that each one of these gets some s=
>ort of custom treatment from the compiler.

Bingo!  There is an interface between COBOL and DB2 precompiler services,
another between COBOL and CICS translator services, and a 3rd API between
the COBOL compiler and IMS precompielr services.  Three APIs, and I think
they are only useful for IBM, unless some vendor wants to write a COBOL
compiler that also does integrated coprocessing of EXEC SQL, EXEC CICS,
and/or EXEC SQLIMS statements.

FYI: Oracle asked us for information about these interfaces, wondering if
they could do a similar thing, but they did not follow up...

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<