On 19/04/2017 1:58 PM, Timothy Sipples wrote:
We have a customer in my general part of the world that is, as I write
this, moving from an IBM mainframe they installed in early 1999 (with ~1998
software releases) to a shiny new IBM z System machine. They have "only"
about 19 years (and counting) of new features and capabilities they'll be
able to exploit. :-)

I hope they'll introduce themselves soon.

Are they in Japan? We have Japanese customers running unbelievably back level versions of z/OS.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM z Systems, AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com