I've run into an issue that I can't figure out.  When using BPXWDYN and trying
to use AVGREC parm, the dynamic allocation request is using a HUGE (like
65536000 KB) space allocation request, even though the request is for LRECL(32)
and AVGREC(K) with SPACE(8000,500).  The REQUEST does have BLKSIZE(0)
specified, but even if I code a BLKSIZE appropriate for this dataset, I still
get the wacky allocation.

The actual command is:

ALLOC DSN('xx.xx.xx(+1)') FI(DD1)  NEW CATALOG RELEASE LRECL(32) MOUNT
BLKSIZE(0)  AVGREC(K) GDGNT SPACE(8000,500) RECFM(F,B) DSORG(PS)

Why is it not using the right space allocation request?  BTW, this is on z/OS
2.1.

Thanks,
Peter