FWIW, I have found that quite frequently 7z will successfully open a
self-extracting zip where WinZip will not.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Peter Hunkeler
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 4:52 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: AW: Re: SHARE Proceedings self-extacting ZIP File reguesting Admin
rights??

>> self-extracting .zip since it's actually a Windows executable.  But >> it
>> might be polymorphic so it's also a conventional .zip.
 >
>Forgive me for jumping in.  Self-extracting ZIP files are generally
>unzippable using standard unzip; it recognizes the prepended unzip
>program and skips over it.

I tried that, but my (somethat elder version of) WinZip said it is not a ZIP
file.

Today, I downloaded the ISO file, which in fact is a ZIP file containing the
ISO image. (Luckily this is not also a self-extracting archive). WinZip
unzipped the ZIP, gave me an ISO file, which WinZip again unzipped into the
desired folder structure. Voila ;-)

attachments from your system.