From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steve Beaver
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2017 10:19 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] FW: Nasa runs competition to help make old Fortran code
faster

I you can't read Fortran converting it will be a pain.  You are also talking
about a language that was designed to do very, very heavy computational work
and the language was optimized to do that.  I can promise you that you can
rewrite it however when IBM Mainframes are running a bunch of 5.4 GHz
processors it will beat any other "MODERN" language 1500 to 1

 And Modern Fortran http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/fortcompfami