On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 May 2017 18:59:23 +0100, David W Noon wrote:
> >
> >The INTRDR writer will "spin" a job stream to the input spool
> >automatically when:
> >
> >   i) the job stream arrives at a null statement;
> I'm skeptical about that point since I often submit jobs with noise
> such as comments after a null statement and SDSF shows me
> those lines in JESJCLIN, indicating that the job was not spun until
> the SYSOUT was closed.

​Being weird (as is well know here), I have the following two JCL
statements last:

//
/*EOF

ref:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ieab500/iea3b5_Destination_control_to_internal_reader.htm
​
​*Sending internal reader buffer directly to JES*
Instead of waiting for the buffer in your address space to fill up, send
the contents of the internal reader buffer directly to JES by coding as the
last record in the job:/*EOFThis control statement delimits the job in the
data set and makes it eligible for immediate processing./*DELThis control
statement cancels the job in the data set and schedules it for immediate
output processing. The output consists of any JCL submitted, followed by a
message indicating that the job was deleted before execution./*PURGE*For
JES2 only*, this control statement cancels the job in the data set and
schedules it for purge processing; no output is produced for the job./*SCAN*For
JES2 only*, this control statement requests that JES2 only scan the job in
the data set for JCL errors. The job is not to be executed.
​
​Also, any more, I use the ACB interface instead of the DCB interface. This
allows the use of the "VSAM" ENDREQ macro, which also closes out a job.
This latter is even better since the JCL "null" and the /*EOF could both be
"swallowed up" by something like:

//SYSIN DD DATA,DLM=$$

as the last JCL statement.
ref:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r2.hasc300/has2z1_Submitting_to_the_internal_reader_from_jobs_or_tasks.htm

--
Advertising is a valuable economic factor because it is the cheapest way of
selling goods, particularly if the goods are worthless. -- Sinclair Lewis

Maranatha! <><
John McKown