I should have clarified it.  The dsn is copied and in the following step it is
deleted.  Sorry.
On Wed, 5/10/17, retired mainframer <retired-mainfra...@q.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: DFDSS QUESTION :SHARE PARM WHEN DOING COPY
 To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

 You cannot code SHARE and DELETE
 on the same COPY command.  If the dataset is deleted after
 the copy step, then obviously DFDSS has released its enqueue
 and is no longer a factor in the situation you described.