On Mon, 15 May 2017 08:35:18 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:

>But, you say, mainframes don't have people clicking on links in e-mail. No,
>but system programmers with privileged access have PCs and click on links in
>e-mail.

A recurrent question in these fora is, "How can I make links appearing in
documents
viewed in a mainframe editor active?"  Cbttape.org probably has an answer.  Or
an ISV.

Many years ago, when the risks of TCP/IP were first suspected (the perceived
hazard
then was information theft), someone suggested hereabouts that only authorized
data administrators should be allowed use of TCP/IP.  No, was the counter,
people
with such authority should be forbidden TCP/IP, which shoulc be allowed only to
users with weak, harmless IDs and no access to sensitive data.

Years ago, at the height of the Good Times virus hoax, the conventional and
correct
wisdom was that viruses spread only by floppy disks, not by email.  Microsoft
and
others jumped in to fill that void.

-- gil