IBM has announced CICS Transaction Server Version 5.4:

https://www.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/3/897/ENUS217-113/ENUS217-113.PDF

This release of CICS supports the *full* Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) 7
specification -- really quite amazing. There are also some interesting and
useful batch interfaces to handle much larger data sizes (CICS channels and
containers) that I like. I also really like the z/OS Provisioning Toolkit
since it makes deploying applications to CICS much easier and more dynamic,
especially at DevOps velocities. And there's lots of other stuff discussed
in the announcement letter.

The planned availability date is June 16, 2017. There is a Developer Trial
you can order (5655-Y30), particularly relevant to those z/OS customers who
are not yet CICS customers. Now, with IBM Multi-Version Measurement (MVM),
everybody who already licenses CICS can order this new release (and any
other release) with NO SINGLE VERSION CHARGE LIMIT any more. Yes, SVC is
gone, finito, basta, terminated. That means you should just go ahead and
order CICS TS Version 5.4 from Shopz as soon as it's orderable (which might
even be today). Place it in your development LPAR(s), and get going...no
additional charge, assuming you're already a CICS licensee (Monthly License
Charge or VUE with current subscription). MLC customers should order
5655-Y04, and VUE customers should order 5722-DFJ. For more information on
MVM, please take a look at my write-up (and links from there) here:

http://millennialmainframer.com/2017/05/ibm-multi-version-measurement/

You will need z/OS 2.1 or higher for this release of CICS, so any/all
currently supported z/OS releases are fine.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM z Systems, AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com