On Mon, 22 May 2017 17:44:16 -0500, Joel C. Ewing wrote:

>RECFM PSU may prevent moving the database, but it doesn't block
>deletion.  After realizing this somewhat-essential data set wasn't
>protected by an enqueue, we picked an installation started task that was
>normally running all the time (but which could be shut down if need be),
>and added an unreferenced DD for the RACF database with DISP=SHR to
>reduce the odds of both accidental deletion and movement.

Suppose one wanted to craft a started task expressly for that purpose,
using minimum resource.  Would it suffice to WAIT on an ECB that you
never POSTed?  Would this annoy WLM?  Is there a better way?  Should
it intercept a STOP command and WTOR with an Abort/Retry/Ignore
prompt?  What's the OS Classic analogue of SIGINT?

-- gil