July 22 to 28, 2007, across Iowa.
http://www.bikejournal.com/journal.asp?month=7&jyear=2007 .
Even got to speak to Mr. Porkchop and Lance Armstrong.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsIjLzLxe-o&t=93s

I met the wife in Indiana just after the first book came out and they
had finished their second continent.  She decided to stay where the
Beatles visited India and divorced Tim who came back to Indiana to
deal with a parent's estate and now lives in Whitefish MT working as a
Ski instructor and substitute math and science teacher.
http://downtheroad.org/

This family did a three year trip from the north coast of Alaska to
the southern tip of south america, and a few other trips.  Got a
certificate of accomplishment for first kids to do it.  Not published
since the dropped the category of 'Youngest to do ...' during their
trip.  http://familyonbikes.org/

A site hosting many bicycle traveler's stories and pictures.
https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 6:00 PM, zMan <zedgarhoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And you can drive across the country on a bicycle. Doesn't make it the best
> choice for most use cases.

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA