On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 2:43 AM, Robin Atwood <abend...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, the point was taken. I am now investigating using fork() to spin-off
> another address space.

​From my vague monitoring of this thread, I think that is a wonderful idea.
I don't know how much you're "in to" what can be done, but there are some
nice(!) facilities that fork() can leverage.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.bpxb200/bpxenv.htm

You can use the C language setenv() to set a number of UNIX environment
variables with can affect the results of fork() if you have the right RACF
authorities set up.

_BPX_JOB NAME can set the name of the fork'd address space (such as to the
user's name)
_B PX_USERID can set the RACF owner for the fork'd address space. The
address space doing the fork() needs some "heavy" RACF authorities for this.

--
Windows. A funny name for a operating system that doesn't let you see
anything.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown