I wonder if or when they will give this one and Ginny Rometty their walking papers. IBM has been faltering for years. Maybe a change in the senior ranks would be in order.

Doug Fuerst

------ Original Message ------
From: "Steve Beaver" <st...@stevebeaver.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Sent: 23-May-17 7:41:00 PM
Subject: Looks like lots of folks in marketing said thanks but no thanks

As we all know IBM has started the no more Remote work. Looks like lots of
folks in marketing said thanks but no thanks

Earlier this year, IBM's Chief Marketing Officer Michelle Peluso announced that the U.S. marketing division's 2,600 employees would have to "co-locate" or collaborate onsite from one of six cities. Those who worked primarily
from home would have to move to one of the cities or quit IBM.

For decades, IBM embraced remote work. Eight years ago, 40 percent of IBM workers worldwide telecommuted. As a result, it saved about $100 million a year in the U.S. and had reduced office space by 78 million square feet.

IBM remote workers who choose to resign rather than move to one of the six cities will be paid severance, according to an IBM internal document, of one month's base salary, the standard at IBM. Peluso says she plans to recruit
replacements for those employees from the six co-located locations-not
abroad. "If what I were trying to do was reduce headcount," she says, "there are much simpler and easier ways to do that, which would be less disruptive
for everyone, myself included."