>>> On 5/25/2017 at 05:04 PM, Jim Stefanik <j...@jimstefanik.com> wrote:
> Oh wow - ok - I feel dumb now.  Reading Mark's post over a couple of times, I
> now understand.  Those addresses are locations in RAM where the files get
> stuffed and tell the CPC where to execute from.

No need to feel dumb.  For quite a while I wasn't sure what those numbers were
either.  Bear in mind that as kernels get larger, and initrds get larger, those
numbers may need to be massaged.  In turn, that means the initrd.off and
initrd.siz files will need to be regenerated.

You should be able to run SLES11 on your machine.  The release notes say that
only z9 or later is supported, but that was a support limitation, not a
technical limitation.  The binaries were generated with an architecture level
of z800/z900.

Mark Post